Developing your career
We understand that everyone has different skills and aspirations. The Blood Service offers you a range of flexible, self-paced career development tools and opportunities, including:
- Online career development tool
- On-the-job development
- Collaborative learning opportunities
- Leadership development programs for current and aspiring managers
- External courses and seminars
- Internal and online training
- Workplace skills coaching
Performance feedback and development
We believe it’s important that everyone knows what’s expected of them and how they can develop in their role. Our performance development framework helps you plan for the year ahead and seek regular feedback from your manager. At the Blood Service, your performance will be rated not just on what you achieved, but how you achieved it.
When you join our team, your manager will discuss any job-specific training you require, whether it’s technical, safety, quality, occupational health and other compliance training, and guide you through completing it.